As the day approaches yet again, I reflect on my favourite Christmas songs. There are many I like (mostly the old ones), but these five are the best in my opinion. I feel they truly sum up the time of year, with all its hopes and dreams, its more spiritual side, its festive celebrations, and its faith that things might just be better soon. But, more than anything else, to me, they’re all cracking tunes.
5) I Believe In Father Christmas by Greg Lake
4) In Dulci Jubilo by Mike Oldfield
3) Fairytale of New York by The Pogues featuring Kirsty MacColl
2) I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday by Wizzard
1) Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade
So that’s it, my festive countdown. That’s also it for this side of the holidays.
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope it’s a good one.